The Coronavirus Pandemic is placing unprecedented pressure on our dispensary services but rest assured we are working tirelessly on your behalf. We request patients to not over order or stock pile on medication and in line with government guidelines we will only be supplying one month’s medication at a time . Repeat prescription requests are now taking 4 working days to process. Do not visit the dispensary before the 4 working day period to collect your medication unless advised otherwise. Please DO NOT unnecessarily phone the dispensary unless you have an URGENT query. We would like to reassure our patients that the dispensary team have put in place many precautions to ensure dispensary service is not disrupted for the foreseeable future.
To Request a Repeat Prescription in the Traditional Way
- Tear Off Slip - tear off the right hand slip from your last ordered prescription and mark which medication you require. Either hand this in to our dispensary or post it to us. If you wish to have your prescription posted back to you please supply a stamped addressed envelope.
- Write us a note - if you do not have the tear off slip you can write us a note and we will process your request in the usual way.
For reasons of safety we do not accept routine repeat prescription requests by telephone.
- Prescription requests received by 08:00 will be ready for collection 48 hours later. Requests made after 08:00 will be processed at 08:00 the following day.
- Prescriptions with queries, or which have expired may take longer as they need to be seen by a doctor.
- Please try to give as much notice as possible to ensure that you do not run out of your medication and to ensure that the medication is in stock if you are a dispensing patient.
- Please remember to bring enough money or a debit or credit card as we are unable to accept cheques or extend credit (if you pay for your prescriptions)
Please remember that the doctor or nurse will need to see you at regular intervals to review your condition so leave yourself enough medication in case you need an appointment.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.