For problems with your teeth:

For dental problems you need to see a dentist not your GP.

If you see your dentist and they advise that you need to see a doctor then most likely you need to see a Maxillofacial Surgeon and not a GP. YOUR DENTIST CAN REFER YOU DIRECTLY.

You will not need to see your GP.

This is a very specialised area of medicine. Please bear in mind that while doctors in the UK train for at least five years to gain their basic qualifications, dentists train for six year just to learn about the teeth. Its more complicated than it looks!

We understand that there can be worrying costs associated with dental appointments.

You can get help with your dental costs by clicking here:

Recent case law has established that your GP is NOT allowed to give you antibiotics for your dental problems - your GP is not qualified to treat your teeth.

We will always help you when you are suffering with pain, but even if you see your GP about your teeth you will be advised to see your dentist in case you need antibiotics.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website