Online services (Including Prescription ordering)
Our practice uses a clinical information system to manage patient records. Each time you have a consultation with a clinician or test results are sent back from the lab, the details are recorded to build up your medical history and help with your future care. The practice also uses the system to book appointments, send letters and update your contact details. Patient Access is a website that displays information from the practice's system and allows you to:
- View and book available appointments.
- View your medication and request further prescriptions.
- View test results.
- View your medical record.
Register Online without a letter
Create your Patient Access account
- On the Patient Access sign in screen, select Register now.
- Enter your personal details.
Note: The gender field is optional.
- Enter your account details.
Note: The Mobile phone and Marketing fields are optional.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Create account.
- The account is created. Next choose one of the following options:
- Link your GP practice (to link to your practice).
- Skip for now (you can always link later using the Navigation pane or the My Account section (available when you select your name)).
- Your account has been created.
Link to your practice
Important: To complete the registration and get a fully active account, you need to take proof of identity to your practice and ask them to complete your registration.
- Select Link Your GP Practice, at either the end of the registration process detailed above, or from the navigation pane.
- Enter the practice postcode or name of where you are currently registered.
- Select Search.
- Select your practice from the list provided.
- Select Continue.
- Below the question 'Have you received a registration letter from your practice?', select No.
- Read the information messages on-screen, then select Continue.
- Check your personal details and enter either your house number, flat number, or street number, then select Continue.
Note: The personal details must match the details held by your practice.
- Confirm (enter) your password, then select Link Account.
- On the confirmation screen, select Done.
Your linked account has been created. To fully complete the account and get access to all enabled services, you'll need to take proof of identity (e.g. your driving licence or passport) the next time you visit your practice.
Register in Person at the Practice
Ask in the practice for a Patient Access registration letter. you'll need proof of identity (e.g. your driving licence or passport)
Once you have your registration letter with your linkage key please Click here for step by step instructions on how to setup your registration on the Patient Access website.
(please note our Care Navigators are unable to give advice on how to setup your account but Patient Access can please visit https://support.patientaccess.com/registration)
Lost your Password for Patient Access?
The surgery are unable to help you to recover your password if you have not verified your email address or mobile telephone number.
You will need to create a brand new account.
- Go the https://support.patientaccess.com/contact-support-form
- Complete your details on the form.
- Under what is your query about?….click account deletion.
- Under details of your query……ask patient access to disassociate your email address and close your account.
- Go into the surgery and ask to have your linkage key reset (take identification).
To request repeat medicine, tick the repeat slip as appropriate and drop it into the surgery or you can post this slip with a self-addressed envelope.
Regular repeat prescriptions should be ready for collection within two/three working days.
Prescriptions that need re-authorisation by a GP, or ones with requests for changes in medication will take longer to process and may require up to five working days.